Alta Badia is the ideal base for your hiking and mountain tours in the Dolomites!
Here, in the heart of the mountains you can enjoy over 400 km of carefully maintained hiking paths, offering anything from an easy, relaxing tour to challenging and exciting hikes up the three thousanders.
Our hiking tips for your holiday in Alta Badia:
- Lärchenweg (“Larch Way”): Start in the centre of St. Kassian village and climb in the direction of Fraktion Rü. This is where the “Larch Way” begins, a path offering a natural and cultural experience combined. Along the path you will find information on the flora and fauna as well as on the geology of the area.
- The Besinnungsweg (“Path of reflection”) "Klaus and Dorothea von der Flüe" goes from St. Kassian to the "Sass Dlacia". Plaques and boards with quotations and sayings line the path.
- Lagazuoi: From the Falzarego Pass take the Lagazuoi cable car up the mountain of the same name. Follow a stretch of the Dolomites Highway and then walk down past the Lagazuoi Lake in the direction of Alta Badia.
- Tomaselli via ferrata: the path climbs steeply up through the beautiful south-west wall of the southern Fanes mountain peak, the first towering bastion of the Fanes ridge. Although not particularly long, it is classified one of the most challenging and picturesque via ferrate of the Dolomites.
- Pisciadù via ferrata: the Pisciadu via ferrata is one of the most popular of its kind.
To the hiking route map of Alta Badia Summer mountain pass